We had a great end to 2010! We packed the girls up in the truck and headed out for the 19 hour drive down to TX. Aaron and I had expected the worse with crying, wanting out of the seat, etc. Well, we got an awesome Christmas gift from both girls b/c not once did they cry, it was crazy. We left at 6p, the girls fell asleep around 8p, they woke up around 4 when we stopped for gas. We changed Kara's diaper, plugged McKenna's DVD player in and off we drove. Kara went back to sleep, McKenna watched about 30 minutes before she crashed again. They both woke up at around 6 to eat, they ate then played and we were in Fort Worth by 10:30a.
We had a great time with everyone and McKenna and Emily played ALL DAY LONG together. From the second they woke up to the second they went to sleep it was an all day event. Kara and Gavin just kind of did their own thing but still had fun with all the attention they were receiving. We had a great Christmas morning with mom's cinnamon rolls, gifts, lunch, and leftovers. The next day mom and I got to do a little after Christmas shopping which was fun b/c it was just the 2 of us, no boys or children!!!
The next day we packed up the car and headed down to Lake Jackson to spend New Years with Aaron's folks. Remember how I previously stated that the girls did great on the 19 hour trek down, well not the case this time. It is a 5 hour drive from Fort Worth down to Lake Jackson and they cried about SOMETHING almost the entire way down. Oh well we eventually made it and got to spend some time with the other side of the family. McKenna again spent every waking moment playing with Julian, Raeyanna, Annika, Hailey and Jasmine. Kara got tons of attention to from her cousins and Aaron and I enjoyed yet another break from entertaining the girls. While we were down in LJ Aaron and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary (a day late) over lunch by ourselves and just running around, again by ourselves!!! We got a night away in Houston while Nana watched the girls, thank you so much, visiting our friends. It was awesome to see them and just catch up on what everyone was up to. We forget how much we miss everyone until we see them again. We ended our trip by celebrating New Years at Aunt Blanca's house (well the girls and I went home about 11:30) and then packed up for the trek home the next day. The trip home was as calm as the trip down, no crying or complaining. I don't know if this was the girls was of saying "hey if you take us back to TX more often we will be good in the car" or if it was just a complete fluke both times. Whatever it is I will take it!!!
Hope everyone had a great end to their 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment