Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Life has finally slowed down...sort of!

Life has finally started to slow down for us here at the Moreno house. We have been home from the hospital a couple weeks now and hopefully NEVER going back. Kara is doing great and feeling great too. She is an awesome sleeper at night ( 7 hours on avg.) and has gotten way to spoiled with being held. If you even make the motion of starting to put her down she starts to cry and cry loudly. I can't really blame her though b/c her big sister just loves her so much that she gets lots of hugs and kisses that are not always very safe. Or, big sister gets a little tired of Kara getting all the attention and sits on Kara!!! This jealousy thing will pass soon right? All in all both girls are doing great and McKenna is slowly getting used to the fact that Kara is here to stay and she will have to share mom. On the flip side to all of this she is becoming a big daddy's girl and Aaron is LOVING it.

This week the weather has finally cooperated with us and we have been able to go outside and play and go on some small walks, which has been great for everyone. McKenna really enjoys the park and getting to take Junebug for walks to "get her sillies out". I really enjoy them b/c I get some fresh air and peace and quiet from the crying and the "momma and I have...", and Kara will eventually like them. As you all know I am a routine type of person and have to know what comes next and I have rubbed of on McKenna. Since Kara was born we have been off of our routine and both McKenna and myself have been crazy. These past couple weeks we have started to develop and learn our new routine that includes Kara and I think we are all 3 enjoying our days a little bit more. We know what to expect and have our little schedule of library time, park time, tv time, nap time, etc. Don't get me wrong we still have our BAD days, but they are getting easier with each passing day and with this Spring weather trying to creep in.

In a couple weeks the girls and I are headed to TX for David's Eagle Scout ceremony. Yes, you read that correct I am taking the 2 girls by myself on a 3 hour plane ride to TX, but hey it is not every day that your brother gets his Eagle right! My plan of attack is to bring the DVD player and crayons for McKenna with lots of snacks and then with Kara I am hoping the plane puts her to sleep like it did for McKenna when she was younger. It will be a very interesting flight but very rewarding in the end when we get to TX. My dad, brothers and sister, sister in law, niece, new nephew(who I get to meet and can't wait), great grandma and great grandpa all get to meet Kara for the first time and see McKenna too. McKenna is looking forward to playing with Emily and playing with their barbies together.

Hope all is well with everyone and will write more later. We have a busy weekend of playing with the girls, cleaning the house and hopefully going to the park. I start my training for another half marathon this weekend, pending the weather, so wish me luck!

Aaron, Ryan and the girls

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Girl, you are brave! I'd be too scared to try taking the kids on a plane by myself. I hope it goes well! And good luck on the half marathon training - you have more energy than I do!! :-)