Saturday, January 23, 2010

We are home and healthy

I know this has taken some time to post but man has it been busy! We are all doing really well and feeling great. We have all had to adjust to our new life, but loving ALMOST every moment of it. McKenna loves being a big sister and holding her Kara. She is starting to adjust to her new life with ease now, but it has taken some time. I get the question about once a day, "Where did she come from?" but other than that no "When is she going back?" or "This is my mommy", so that is a good thing thus far. I am sure my day will come when those questions/comments will be brought up, but for now I am happy to embrace and answer the "where did she come from?" question.

Kara has been one easy baby thus far, much easier than we remember McKenna being. I think a lot of it has to do with knowing what to expect now and knowing that each phase has an ending, maybe not in sight, but an ending is an ending and we will take it! She definitely got Aaron's ability to sleep, which has been great for us. She eats around 10:00 and then is out like a light until we wake her around 6:30ish to eat again! A whole nights sleep, how awesome is that!!! Now, I know this won't last forever, but hey we can love it right now, right?!

We took Kara for her first pictures yesterday and they came out pretty good we think. We were a little worried b/c Kara cried almost the entire time, as you can see in the sister picture, but we got some good ones and are happy with them. We hope you enjoy.

I know this is short and sweet but I am still trying to learn to manage my time with a toddler and newborn, so these blogs will be short and sweet for a little while. Hope all is well with everyone.

Aaron, Ryan, McKenna and Kara

Kara:
January 11, 2010 - 4:51pm
6 lb 14 oz
19 1/2 in

McKenna:
October 15, 2007 - 8:22 am
7 lb 9 oz
19 in

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, the pictures are so adorable! I'm so glad that Kara is sleeping well for you and that McKenna is adjusting to her. Can't wait to meet Kara!