Aaron has been gone since Sunday afternoon and won't be back until Friday afternoon, so that means I am a single parent until then. I was dreading it b/c of McKenna's attitude lately, with her crying A LOT at night, wanting to be held, etc., but it has been surprisingly easy. She has been a wonderful child, but now that I am saying this tomorrow will be hard!! We have been playing all day, talking, laughing, etc. She has been playing in her bathtub for about 20 min. at night and then wanting to eat and go to sleep around 8-8:30ish. So, good luck to me for another couple of days.
Today was Fat Tuesday. Our church had a Mardi Gras steak and salmon dinner tonight, so McKenna and I decided to go and help set things up and have some grown up conversations for a couple of hours. It was a lot of fun even though I didn't know anyone. I wish Aaron was their to meet people with me, but maybe next time. I have posted some pictures of our King Cake that McKenna and I made for the dinner. For the first time to ever make it, I think we did pretty well.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, look at that cake! You are talented! I'm glad McKenna is being good for you this week, hopefully she keeps it up! :-)
Post a Comment