What a day it has been. Aaron and I woke up around 7:00 and said to each other how nice it was that McKenna was letting us sleep in. We got out of bed, both got our teeth brushed, my makeup on, both dressed, and then we heard McKenna making some noises (talking to her animals). So, we decided we'll go in there and start our day. That is when the day started! Aaron walked in to get McKenna out of her crib and he walked into her covered in throw up and it all over the sheet, blankets and stuffed animals. She seemed to be in good spirits, so we weren't real worried, just perplexed on why she threw up. Aaron took her to the tub, while I threw her stuff in the washing machine. Both Aaron and I had dentist appointments this morning so we did that and came back home to let McKenna have a nap.
After she took about a 45 min. nap, we were off to Carolina Cafe (my favorite) and then our plan was to go to a couple party supply stores for McKenna's upcoming birthday. So, we ate and then I took McKenna to the bathroom to change her diaper and then we were off. That didn't happen! I took her in the bathroom to change her diaper and low and behold she had poop, literally, up to her neck. I just brought in a diaper and some wipes, no change of clothes. She had poop all over her outfit, so I had to change her diaper, then take her out of the bathroom and through the restaurant with no clothes on. Yes, I got some MAJOR looks, I felt like white trash carrying my kid through a restaurant with nothing but a diaper on, and then to top it off she smelled of poop b/c it was all up her back. Needless to say we didn't go to any other stores the rest of the day. We came home and bathed her for a 2nd time in the same day.
Then, we put her down for a nap and she woke up with a 102.1 fever. We gave her some Tylenol to cut the fever and it cut it down to about 101. She slept off and on from about 1-5. We fixed her some dinner, which consisted of an egg and some oatmeal. She usually eats at 6 and down at 7, not tonight. She at 3/4 of an egg, drank all of her milk at 5:30 and she was in bed asleep at 6:00. We gave her some Motrin before she went to bed to hopefully keep her fever down throughout the night.
So, we are stuck in North Carolina with a tropical storm coming this way and then a couple days later a category 4 hurricane and now a sick baby!
Here is to a good night to us and everyone. We can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!!
Our little niece was born on Sept 3rd and went home today. She is a cutie and we can't wait to see and meet her. Raeyana Deshawn Williams, 7 lbs. 20 1/2 in. 4:30pm.
1 comment:
Wow, what a day! I hope McKenna is better!
Post a Comment