Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fathers Day

My first fathers day was a blast. I wasn't sure what to expect going into it but once the day hit i was happier than a 6 year old at a birthday party. I slept in untill 7am and awoke to scratch made pancakes and eggs. We followed breakfast with a trip to church, a nice peaceful lunch at home followed by sunday coverage of the U.S.Open. Later a trip to the driving range with my girls to wack at some golf balls, a walk through the neighborhood, a fine dinner prepared by my loving wife, and to top it all off she gave me a haircut in the evening that turned out suprisingly well. All in all i had a great weekend. I have been rewarded for all my fatherly efforts over the course of the last 8 months with some homebrew kegging equipment. The next time you come over you can expect to find extraordinarily crafted homebrew on draft. I am brewing an Irish red ale this weekend and a pumpkin spice brew is in the works for McKennas first birthday in october. P.S. you are all invited. Happy Fathers day to all, i hope you had as good of a day as i did!

1 comment:

Joe & Let said...

Son, it sounds like you had a very enjoyable and memorable first Father's Day. Your girls sure do know how to take care of their Daddy!! I love you, Mom