What a busy busy month we have had! The month of October was filled with a lot of new firsts for our family: McKenna's first birthday, her first trip to Tennessee and her first steps, and then, Aaron and I ran our first half marathon. So if you were reading carefully, you will notice that we said McKenna took her first steps, YAY!! She is taking a couple steps here and there and is gaining the confidence to walk all the time. So everyone watch out b/c she is on the loose!!!!!!
We had a great Halloween and will post some pictures when I find the camera cord. During the day we took McKenna and Julian to North Hills (a shopping center) during the day where all the shops were participating in Trick or Treating and then that night the boys handed out candy while the girls took the kids around the neighborhood. The kids seemed to have a good time (well Julian did, McKenna had no clue that she was getting candy for her parents!), and then when it started getting dark McKenna went to bed and Julian helped Grampy and Nana hand out candy. Aaron and I went to a friends house that night and we dressed as David and Victoria Beckham. They weren't great costumes, but they were good enough for coming up with them in about 5 mins. We decided to actually dress up at 4pm and we had about 1 hour to find some type of costume and get it together. We had a great time but regret coming home late b/c McKenna enjoys getting up early. Nana was awesome with letting us sleep in, but we were still pretty tired throughout the day.
So, on Sunday Aaron and I got up and to the Half Marathon race at 5:45am. It was really cold when we first got there but turned out to be an awesome day for running 13 miles. We finished in 2:19 min., which is not fast, but hey we finished. The farthest we had run prior to the run was 8 miles, so the extra 5 was thought to be a challenge, but it turned out to be fine. We felt great during the race and right after, but a couple hours later, it was NOT FUN. We were very sore all day yesterday and then today we were still a little sore but not as bad as yesterday.
That is a wrap up of our weekend and hope everyone had a great one. Look back in a couple days for some Halloween pics.
1 comment:
Apparently frying food is a state fair tradition for any state fair. They had chicken fried bacon at the Texas state fair this year. I didn't taste it (I didn't go to the fair) but I'd like to think it was good. I would probably had to have a whole bottle of tums if I ate any of that!
McKenna is so cute. I can't believe she is so big already - and walking. June Bug will have a new way to go now!
Post a Comment